- In Minnesota, children are eligible to attend Kindergarten when they are five-years-old on or before September 1st of the calendar year school starts. Please refer to MN Statute 120A.20 for more information.
- Documentation of required immunizations is necessary for enrollment in all grades in Minnesota schools. Please refer to MN Statute 121A.15 for more information.
- Early Childhood Screening or evidence of a comparable screening by a non-school provider, such as Head Start, Child and Teen Checkups/Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic and Treatment (EPSDT) or your health care provider, is required for entrance in Minnesota’s public schools or within 30 days of enrollment into kindergarten. Early Childhood Screening is offered throughout the year by local school districts. Please call your local school district to schedule a screening for your child.
- To read a copy of the Early Childhood Screening Brochure, Click Here.
- For Frequently Asked Questions about Early Childhood Screening, Click Here.