Instruction Aligned to the Science of Reading
Explicit instruction supports students in building knowledge:
- Foundational Reading Skills
- Phonics/Word Analysis
- Reading Literature
- Reading Informational Texts
- Comparing Texts
Skills-based mini-lessons support students in developing their writing:
- Narrative Writing
- Argumentative Writing
- Expository Writing
- Speaking and Listening
- Following Conventions
- Creating and Collaborating
Small Group Teacher-Led Instruction
- Choose from small group skills lesson options to target instruction to meet students’ needs.
- Read texts with scaffolded support.
- Students transfer knowledge of skills and standards to independent reading and practice.
- Students transfer skills to their writing.
To access Wonders Reading Curriculum at home:
Log in with your student's STRIDE Email.
Select McGraw Hill Wonders
Any questions or problems, please email your child’s homeroom teacher.